EDINVISION
As some nameless wag said long ago “ Writing about painting is like dancing about architecture”
I don’t quite know how to fully explain or describe what inspires or drives me to portray Edinburgh. Perhaps it is because Edinburgh is the place I have felt most at home and with passing years this city’s character and qualities become increasingly more impressive to me. I find the city’s multi-levelled topography, skylines and ever-varying light conditions continually fascinating. So many dramatic and atmospheric vistas are on offer it would be impossible to exhaust even a fraction of them.
All the same my project is to explore as many as possible. This is all part of the on-going fascination with this spectacular European capital.
The layered diversity of architecture distributed across Edinburgh makes it the celebrated landmark it is while expressing its deep history and stages of development. Capturing this vivid essence and maintaining a sense of timelessness will continue to be a consuming passion in my artwork.
Gareth Beare 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment